Featured Client Friday| Introducing Mrs M
This lovely lady came and saw me one of the very first evenings we were open in the studio!! She was quite happy to let me play and just be completely creative with all the amazing light that was streaming in:) I had so so so much fun with her!!! Its my pleasure to introduce you to the lovely Mrs. M
- How old are you? 44
- What do you do? I do layout and design, maintain a website, A/R & A/P for a small trade association. I also make cakes & cupcakes on the side.
- What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session? I have been talking about doing a session for years. I finally decided when I saw Amy’s work and thought that it was FINALLY time for me! As Amy can attest to, I had tons of questions!
- Did you have any fears or obstacles about boudoir? It’s kinda strange, but I really didn’t have any fears. Don’t get me wrong, I have body issues, but in this experience, I knew that Amy would make me feel beautiful since I had been watching her work for some time. I’m a bigger, curvy girl and I felt encouraged to see Amy’s work with body types like mine.
- Was your session what you expected it to be? My session was AWESOME and I didn’t even have wine to help get me there! I have to be honest it was embarrassing having Amy tell me how “beautiful” and “sexy” I was, because I don’t see myself that way.
- What was your favorite part of the entire experience? As a mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend and all of those hats that I wear every day, I can sometimes get lost. I thought that I did the shoot for my husband, but it was actually for me. I felt so empowered after the session! I think that I can finally see myself the way that my husband sees me.
- How did you feel when you saw your photographs? WOW! Who is that woman in those pictures? I am a woman with some curves and I can honestly say that there were only one or two pictures that I didn’t like! I was so happy with the angles of the photographs. We had a hard time choosing since they were all good!
- Do you have any advice for other women interested in their own boudoir experience? Don’t wait! Don’t wait to lose 5 pounds; don’t wait until you are another year older, just DON’T WAIT! Do you get my drift? DON’T WAIT!!
- Did anything change about the way you see your own body as a result?
As a result of the experience, I realized that I am beautiful and that my body has brought us two beautiful children and it’s never going to be perfect – actually it never was and that’s ok! Who has a perfect body? I wouldn’t exchange my 26 year old body for the 44 year old one!
- How did you like working with The Intimate Story? Where do I start … I felt so comfortable with Amy and Kelsey that I didn’t really feel nervous at all during the shoot. I thought that I’d be sweating and how the hell was I not going to look like I was a hot mess! I loved it that she worked with my “special” scarf and we got it in the pictures! I know that my husband really liked the ones of me showing my sass! I would recommend Amy to EVERYONE! She is so down to earth and real!